Adding a question on existing XLS Form without loosing data

Hi,

We rolled out a form in the field (uploaded on aggregate, downloaded on handsets, and submitted a significant number of forms data against it). Based on the data analysis, I am required to include additional questions. But as I understand, uploading the new XML would require me to delete the existing form, which would subsequently delete the data submitted against the current form as well.

Is there a way to update the minor modifications to an existing form, in such a way that the existing submitted data is not lost? I need the data to stay in the server since I have connected Kobo to Power Bi.

Hi @AlexRutto,

Welcome to the community! Please see the discussions that has happened in the forum in the past. It should solve your issue:

This discussion should also help you better understand your scenario:

To edit your existing survey project, please follow the instructions outlined below:

• Download your xlsform
  • Edit your xlsform
  • Replace the xlsform
  • Redeploy the survey project

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks Kal_lam. Do I need to download the XLSForm when I have the same copy I deployed on my computer? I haven’t changed the original form that I deployed.
Thanks.
Alex.

1 Like

Hi @AlexRutto,

Well you need not download the xlsform if you already have the same copy. It was meant for those who have either misplaced it or felt they do not have the final version of the xlsform that was uploaded in the KoBoToolbox server.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thank You. I have already tried and it worked!

1 Like