Aggregation of Data Collected in Groups

What is the general goal of the feature?
This feature also allows aggregation/generating statistics of data collected in Groups. As of the moment, Kobo doesn’t do that.

What are the most likely user stories for how and when this would be used by someone on your team?
This can be used when, say, someone needs to profile a household and input indefinite number of children per household (thus using Group and Repeat this group if necessary feature). At the end of the profiling, data of interest also includes how many children are there all-in-all and, probably, age range and gender ratio of all the children surveyed. As of the moment, this is not calculated by Kobo since it does not account the data under Groups.

Can you sketch out graphically how you think this should look/work in practice?
Maybe it would like the same statistical result of questions that are not grouped.

How useful would this feature be to other users or organizations?
Super useful since Kobo is used in household profiling and similar profiling activities which needs to have Groups in the forms.

What can you contribute to making this feature a reality?
Honestly, still (this is a second idea), I am not sure how but at least point out this need.

Hello rpblanker,

It would be super super useful. We are using quite long formulas using indexed-repeat() to do so but it’s a difficulty.
I suppose a maximum of 20 members per household and i go through the repetition of the repeat-group with cascades of “if”.

For example, looking for the name of the first child under 5 years old:

if (indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${age},1)<5, indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${name},1),
if (indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${age},2)<5, indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${name},2),
if (indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${age},3)<5, indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${name},3),
if (indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${age},4)<5, indexed-repeat(${grupo_repeat},${name},4),
……
And for getting the second child under five i do the same but add the condition that the name isn´t the same as the result for the name of the first one…

1 Like

Hi @rpblanker,

Do you mean you wish to see the statistics for a repeat group question as you are currently able to seen for a normal question?

Have a great day!