APIs not working (21 Apr 2020)

Hi,
There seems to be some issue with the APIs, data is not loading into my spreadsheets. It just says “connecting to data source” and stays there. Is there any downtime? Thanks.

Hi @ks_1,

Would you mind letting us know more about the issue you faced (like what did you try to achieve and what is the problem that is affecting your). Would also be glad if you could list out the steps your tried out (that is not working at your end).

Have a great day!

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have set up my Excel files (Powerquery) to pull the data from the API link https://kc.kobotoolbox.org/api/v1/data/<ID_number>. It was working fine for months, but now when I click on “Refresh Query”, it just says “connecting to datasource” and gets stuck there.

Hi @ks_1,

Kindly please ensure the following so that you are able to pull your data to excel power query:

• If you have opened your survey project in your browser, you are able to pull your data to excel power query. Else you should be stuck (i.e. the excel shall not sync with your KoBoToolbox server). Maybe this is what is happening at your end at the moment.

• If you do not want to open your survey project in your browser and would simply wish to sync your data with the excel power query, you should ensure the following settings:
    1 Go to SETTINGS>Sharing (of your survey project)
    2 Check both the buttons that is under the Share publicly by link as shown in the image below:
    Image 1
    Having made this settings under your KoBoToolbox project settings, you should be able to sync your data with excel power query (anywhere, anytime).

Have a great day!

1 Like