Are development contributions welcome?

I’m looking at deploying a customized version of Kobo Toolkit, and I wondered if there is a public forum for discussing development and customization of Kobo Toolkit. The Kobo Developers Google Group has no topic in it, and the GitHub repos aren’t being used as an issue tracker nor do they contain any pull requests.

I’d like to contribute improvements if I can, and if possible see the roadmap, so that I don’t duplicate features that are coming anyway.

For example, as part of my initial test I was thinking of storing the data in Postgresql using an indexed JSONB field rather than a plain JSON one in anticipation that perhaps one day we will be able to drop the MongoDB requirement.

I’d also like to investigate saving whole sections of forms to the library, as well as just individual questions.

Thanks

Roger

GitHub:rhunwicks

Hi Roger,

We definitely welcome code contributions! Getting rid of the MongoDB requirement would be great, so let’s chat. We haven’t used the kobo-developers as you can tell but let’s move this discussion there to kickstart this mailing list. Can you repost this message there so we can continue the discussion on that list?

Thanks!

Tino

···

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Roger Hunwicks ro...@tonic-solutions.com wrote:

I’m looking at deploying a customized version of Kobo Toolkit, and I wondered if there is a public forum for discussing development and customization of Kobo Toolkit. The Kobo Developers Google Group has no topic in it, and the GitHub repos aren’t being used as an issue tracker nor do they contain any pull requests.

I’d like to contribute improvements if I can, and if possible see the roadmap, so that I don’t duplicate features that are coming anyway.

For example, as part of my initial test I was thinking of storing the data in Postgresql using an indexed JSONB field rather than a plain JSON one in anticipation that perhaps one day we will be able to drop the MongoDB requirement.

I’d also like to investigate saving whole sections of forms to the library, as well as just individual questions.

Thanks

Roger

GitHub:rhunwicks

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.