Audio recording on WebForms?

Hello!

I have a question regarding the audio question type.
I know that when using the Kobo App on Android device, it is possible to directly record answers (from an interview for example). However, in Webforms there is only an option of submitting the audio file and no recording option.
Is there a way for enabling audio recording on the WebForms as well?

Thanks!

Hi @agam,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please be informed that Enketo aka web-forms supports audio question type as does the KoBoCollect android app. But for this you will require an audio recorder in your device. Please note, if you fail to have one you will not be able to record your audio with the device whether it be from KoBoCollect adnroid app or if be from Enketo.

Once, you confirm that you have an audio recorder in your device you could do the following:

• Open the survey link through Enketo aka web-forms.
  • Click the place to upload your audio recording as shown in the image below:
  • You should then see the voice recorder app that is available in your device that is ready to record your audio as shown in the image below:

Have a great day!

1 Like

I’ve just discovered this solution as well! (I was confused, because I think my laptop doesn’t have a recording device, since the recording option didn’t show :slight_smile:) Anyway, all clear now! Thank you!

2 Likes