Automatic display

Hello friends.
Again, I would like to ask you a concern. But before, I want to say that I fell in love with this collection tool that I have not left my eyes for almost a month now. In short…
Indeed, I made a cascading list in my form from the following data:
Region
Department
IEPP
Sub-prefecture
Locality
Name of the school.
In addition, I have in another Excel file, the total number of girls in each establishment, as well as the total number of students in each establishment.
What I would like to do is when I select the name of a school from the cascade list (school name), the form automatically displays the following values ​​in several fields defined below:
1- The total number of girls (which I have in an external file)
2- The total number of students of the school concerned (which I have in an external file)
3- The number of boys in the school concerned (which will be the difference between the total number of pupils; of the pupils of the school concerned - the total number of female pupils of the school concerned)
4- The name and surname of the school director;
5- The telephone number of the school principal;
6- The school’s living environment: (Urban or rural)
7- Its status (Public or community)
8- Educational Attachment: (Located within school group) or (Single Establishment)
9- Total school classroom
All this information exists in the second Excel file which I put in attachments
Indeed, I followed the procedure concerning the data preloaded with the .csv lists, but I cannot get a better understanding of the procedure. I would like a concrete example allowing me to better understand the process of this action.

Test 4 Wshinschool_Covid 19.xlsx (22.1 KB) Sample 1 Liste of school.xlsx (9.6 KB)

Hi @esy_cari2020
Thank you for coming back. Could you send me a form with what you have created as an attempt to answer this? Look at this article and then indicate which specific areas you have difficulty. Take a first stab using the article then I will be able to provide you with support.

Stephane

1 Like

Thank you stephane for the prompt response. Truth be told, I tried to do something based on the examples you gave me. 9a still does not pass. I am attaching the file so that you can help me correct it. I am very beginner, and I admit that it is not easy, but exciting.
Thank you

Thank you stephane for the prompt response. Truth be told, I tried to do something based on the examples you gave me. 9a still does not pass. I am attaching the file so that you can help me correct it. I am very beginner, and I admit that it is not easy, but exciting.
Thank youTest 4 Wshinschool_Covid 19.xlsx (22.4 KB) school.csv (452 Bytes)

Hi
What you are really looking is fully explained here; unfortunately we normally do not create forms for users especially for a topic that is well explained. We help in supporting on complex form based issues amidst system issues. If you have a look at the image below from the article

When you look at your form, there is definitely an issue you are having in your form.

Try using the approach explained using green, and please look at the article once again.

On your CSV could you also try and make the columns have proper naming similar to what is needed for a question, it makes it much easier to execute. See example below

Stephane

Hello Stéphane.
I would like to understand for the CSV. When I designed the csv file, it was originally a table with several columns that I saved in csv format.
Or should I represent the data in a single column, separating the different fields with commas? or else I leave in the form of a table as you showed me in the example, and the system will take care of converting the csv by inserting the commas in each field? As you requested, I assigned a name to each column, and saved it in csv format.Liste of school_Sample.csv (704 Bytes)

Hello Stéphane.
I would like to understand for the CSV. When I designed the csv file, it was originally a table with several columns that I saved in csv format.
Or should I represent the data in a single column, separating the different fields with commas? or else I leave in the form of a table as you showed me in the example, and the system will take care of converting the csv by inserting the commas in each field? As you requested, I assigned a name to each column, and saved it in csv format.

On the other hand in my research I fell under a model, and I do not know if it is to this that must correspond the csv file (model 2)sample 2 Liste of school_Sample.csv (704 Bytes)

Hello Stéphane.
I tried following the recommendations in the article indicated. I designed the csv file, then call the pulldata function for the total of the girls as indicated in the csv file. However I get an error result in the form when I run the test. What should I do ?Test5.xlsx (22.6 KB) Liste of school_Sample.csv (704 Bytes)

Hi @esy_cari2020,

I don’t see a variable that matches between the survey form and the csv file. Try checking them in the attached xlsform.

Besides, there were a couple of issues that i fixed up:

• names should not have spaces (fixed)
  • names should not have a duplicate value (fixed)
  • The pulldata function was incomplete (it’s now complete)
  • The csv file was in a format that was not supported by KoBoToolbox (it’s been reformatted)

Your xlsform and the csv file does not have a matching variable so that the pulldata function could pull the information from the same.

Edited xlsform:
Test5.xlsx (24.4 KB)

csv file:
school_Sample.csv (704 Bytes)

Kindly please go through the support article on pulldata and also go through the forum post that has some workouts. It should help you understand the concept of pulldata.

Have a great day!

1 Like