Blank Submissions

Hi all, I have an issue where I am seeing blank submissions for some reason while all the questions are actually required. Why is this so? Here is an example below. Does this mean I am losing genuine submissions?

Hi @eeshatariq,

Have you edited your survey form? You generally face this when you delete a question from your survey form (when data collection is ongoing).

For e.g. you designed a survey form with name (variable). Data collection is ongoing. You then deleted the name (variable) from the survey form and then redeployed your form. In this scenario, you will have the values of the name (variable) from those respondents who had responded earlier while you will have a blank case for new respondents (who are responding to your survey form once you have redeployed the same upon making changes) if you have checked Include fields from all … deployed versions from under DATA>Downloads as shown in the image below:

Image 0.0

To understand more on this scenario, please feel free to have a look at the attached support article Recovering data from previous form versions.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam, thanks for your response. However, I am not making any changes to the form while its being deployed. Why is it happening then?

Hi,
There is only one logical explanation, a form was submitted when it met all the required restrictions. There is therefore a chance that one of your previous versions of the forms was the one that allowed that submission. I noticed you had 5 versions.

Could you also check and see if the blank submissions have a particular trend in them i.e. same device, same date and/or time, anything you notice.

Stephane

The only trend I can see is that when I view the blank submission its only showing the last few questions. You can see this in the image below (I cannot see any other questions in this list while the survey has 38 questions to be answered):

Have you you tried downloading the data on XLS to see if the data is within the form?