Break a repeating group

Hi every body, i’m googlig a lot but i cannot find an answer to my problem.

I have this aim: looping on some questions to a maximum of 10 loops, BUT, if the user wants…he can break the looping…

I thought i can create a group with repeat_group = 10 and the last group question could be: Do you want to insert another detail line? and if the user answers no the loop should end …and the interview continue with the following questions…

i know i have to add the repeat_count column manually in the xls…but is there anyone that had this necessity?

Thank you very much

Angelo

If you want the respondent to not be able to go over 10 repeats, one option would be to create a calculate question set to position(..) > 10, then use skip logic to hide the questions and show a warning when the user goes over 10 repeats. I’ve attached a basic example (I lowered the repeat limit to 3) that you can try out and build from.

Regards,
Esmail

repeat_group_skip_logic_form.xls (7 KB)

···

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 4:51:53 AM UTC-5, Angelo Lazzari wrote:

I have this aim: looping on some questions to a maximum of 10 loops, BUT, if the user wants…he can break the looping…

I thought i can create a group with repeat_group = 10 and the last group question could be: Do you want to insert another detail line? and if the user answers no the loop should end …and the interview continue with the following questions…

i know i have to add the repeat_count column manually in the xls…but is there anyone that had this necessity?

Thank you very much

Angelo

Thank you very much Esmail! i will give a try to you solution.

Angelo

···

El mié., 29 mar. 2017 a las 22:15, Esmail Fadae (esmail...@kobotoolbox.org) escribió:

If you want the respondent to not be able to go over 10 repeats, one option would be to create a calculate question set to position(..) > 10, then use skip logic to hide the questions and show a warning when the user goes over 10 repeats. I’ve attached a basic example (I lowered the repeat limit to 3) that you can try out and build from.

Regards,
Esmail

On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 4:51:53 AM UTC-5, Angelo Lazzari wrote:

Thank you very much

Angelo

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.