Calculating number of entries in a date format

Kobo.xlsx (11.4 KB)
I have a form where I write down the dates of when people came into a store. I added 50 date boxes (but it will never reach that, it usually is around 3-10). is there any way kobo can automatically calculate How many times someone has been to the store?

Ive tried to do a calculation but it just adds the dates up, I want to add the entries.

Ive attached the xls file.

Welcome to the community, @Alshehab! Does the people who visit the store have unique names?

yes they do, I fill out a form with 50 date questions for each customer

@Alshehab, if they are unique maybe you could simply create a simple form with name, date of visit and other variables required. You could then view the total number of unique names through the custom report (grouping as required) as outlined in the support article Viewing and Creating Custom Reports.

Hello, Ive tried your methods but unfortunately this is not the desired outcome. I want to calculate how many times an individual has entered the store by automatically counting the number of date entries. How can I do this? Ive attached my xls above

@Alshehab, if this is what you require maybe you could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Unfortunately, it just adds the days In between the dates not the number of entries.

OK, in this case you could do it as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Image 1

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

Count.xlsx (9.2 KB)

Thank you very much :smile:

1 Like