Can Kobo create a fieldwork manager dashboard?

I am new to Kobo, I am looking for a platform that can help me manage a team of fieldwork interviewers, specifically to (1) assign interview cases to interviewers (e.g., a list of addresses), (2) track interviewer’s attempt and completion of caseloads, (3) issuance of tokens of appreciations to interviewees who completed survey, and (4) GPS tracking on locations where interviewers have completed the survey.

May I know where or how to find relevant information on the above in Kobo? Many thanks! Chan-Hoong

Welcome to the community @chleong! Not very sure if KoBoToolbox is able to handle all your request. However, you should be able to learn more on the same from our support articles which is here.

Could you kindly explain this further so that we are able to provide you with an answer if KoBoToolbox is able to handle the same.

Maybe this can be achieved through the custom reports. For details please have a look at our support article Viewing and Creating Custom Reports.

Don’t think this is possible through KoBoToolbox at the moment.

Maybe this can be achieved through the maps feature. For details please have a look at our support article Mapping, Sharing, and Exporting GPS Data.

Hi Kal,

Thanks for the advice - to address your enquiries:

(1) assign interview cases to interviewers (e.g., a list of addresses)

Could you kindly explain this further so that we are able to provide you with an answer if KoBoToolbox is able to handle the same.

Chanhoong – basically, we require a dashboard for the fieldwork supervisor, to have an overview of all interviewers, (1) to assign cases (i.e., a list of addresses) to interviewers so that they will visit them to complete an annual survey, (2) able to track the performance of these interviewers, ensure they have attempted the visitation (through GPS location), and the number of surveys completed in each household (we interview all household members). It is basically a client management system. Most appreciate if you have any suggestion, happy to discuss over zoom or email. Many thanks.

(2) track interviewer’s attempt and completion of caseloads

Maybe this can be achieved through the custom reports. For details please have a look at our support article Viewing and Creating Custom Reports.

image001.png

1 Like

Don’t think this is possible through the system. Maybe you could do it manually based on the data that has been submitted in the server.

Regarding the GPS visualization, you could follow the support article Mapping, Sharing, and Exporting GPS Data that has been shared above. Regarding the number of surveys completed in each household, you could link your data with Power BI or Excel Power Query.