Can we post the form to google aggregate and download it back to phone?

Hi there,

When using ODK, we can post the form to google aggregate and download
it back to the phone and then submit back the survey to google
aggregate. Is it possible if we could do this in Kobo? Or does Kobo
has its own aggregate site?

Thanks,
Chan Choth

Let me have a stab at this …

Form are posted in an ODK Aggregate server. The ODK Aggregate may be hosted in your own server, or the Google Apps Engine (GAE) which I suppose what you meants by “Google Aggregate”?

So, the answer is yes, KoBo Collect can use forms from a server that uses ODK Aggregate, or a compatible server (i.e. formhub.org, for example).

P.S.

An interesting option in the release candidate for ODK Collect RC2 1008 is a new server platform: Google Forms.

···

On Thursday, June 7, 2012, Chan Choth wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks,

Chan Choth

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Well said, Nik Go. KoBo is Aggregate compatible. You can set up an aggregate server of your own and use it with KoBoCollect. You need to set the server name and password in the KoBoCollect settings.
Also, we’re looking forward to doing some testing with Google Forms and KoBo, I think there is a lot to be said for that platform.

~Neil

···

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:41 AM, ゴー・ニコライ nikol...@gmail.com wrote:

Form are posted in an ODK Aggregate server. The ODK Aggregate may be hosted in your own server, or the Google Apps Engine (GAE) which I suppose what you meants by “Google Aggregate”?

So, the answer is yes, KoBo Collect can use forms from a server that uses ODK Aggregate, or a compatible server (i.e. formhub.org, for example).

P.S.

An interesting option in the release candidate for ODK Collect RC2 1008 is a new server platform: Google Forms.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Chan Choth

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

Please correct me if I’m wrong but Kobo is not aggregate compatible if you use (some of?) the additional features in Kobo (in my case cascading selects). If I create a form that uses cascading selects designed in KoboFormDesigner, I can deploy it to KoboCollect manually, but cannot upload the form definition file to ODK Aggregate and therefore cannot deploy the form via odk aggregate, nor collect responses vie ODK Aggregate. This means I cannot collectv responses using the ODK tools, and need to use KoboSync.

Matthew

···

On Thursday, June 7, 2012 4:20:21 PM UTC+2, Neil Hendrick wrote:

Well said, Nik Go. KoBo is Aggregate compatible. You can set up an aggregate server of your own and use it with KoBoCollect. You need to set the server name and password in the KoBoCollect settings.
Also, we’re looking forward to doing some testing with Google Forms and KoBo, I think there is a lot to be said for that platform.

~Neil

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:41 AM, ゴー・ニコライ wrote:

P.S.

Hi there,

Thanks,

Chan Choth

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to kobo-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.