Cannot be deployed because it contains errors: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

I have just migrated my Kobo Collect on Kobo Collect Android App as suggested by Kobo Collect. Previously my XLS File could be deployed successfully. But now even I use my consolidated file I still can not redeploy my project. I downloaded the XLS from my current project which was deployed before the migration and now I downloaded it back to make some changes to required field (Changes only made to require field). It turned out that I could not redeploy it. Is it because of the migration has affected my file structures and it could no longer work. (in the downloaded XLS file I got an extra column name “$given_name” which was not added by me but it came after the migration). it would be very appreciated if any one can help me to solve this problems.aD8mZwxs3Z39G8v5xZ74VG.xlsx (44.3 KB)

Welcome to the community @leelarthor! Would you mind sharing your xlsform with the community. The community should be able to help you out with the issue you are facing!

Since I have just joined this forum a few seconds ago. I am a newbie so the system does not allow me to upload the XLS Form. How could I send you by another way?

Would you mind refreshing your page and giving a try again. You should be able to upload.

@Kal_Lam I have uploaded to my share drive as follow: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ue2qtflz8i2g2nh/aD8mZwxs3Z39G8v5xZ74VG.xlsx/file

@Kal_Lam in my project I have pulldata from Household Profile Or HHs_List.csv: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6imcywhrrr4d1bp/HHs_List.csv/file
and pulldata from Member Profile Or PAPList.csv: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hvibqmk546ev2h4/PAPList.csv/file

Hello @leelarthor , I’m having the same challenge with my form. When I’m trying to deploy my form, hear is the error: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1). This error seem to be strange and I’ve done my best to solve but in vain, Please I need your help . Hear is my xilsform : xlsform etude de base.xlsx (25.7 KB)

Hi @leelarthor, @williamouchi

FYI, our developers are having a closer look at this case! Thank you for you kind patience!

It’s caused by referring to previous values using ${name} in the label of any type of question. Found this through a lot of trial and error.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, I’m looking forward to hear from you soon as you find solution to our problems

1 Like

Hi @williamouchi
I would like to confirm that the issue has since been resolved and you should be able to deploy your form as long as it does not have any form design issues. Kindly check and confirm if you are still experiencing the problem. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @stephane, I’ve succeeded to deploy my form, thank you for your effort as you bring a solution to Kobo users.

2 Likes

@Kal_Lam @stephanealoo Your helps and supports are appreciated. Now I can deploy my XLSForm successfully. Thanks for Kobo Collect Developers who fixed and resolved this bug. To other users that is facing the same problem in the future, this problem was solved by Kobo Collect Developers in the server side so that you do not need to further modify your XLS Form.

1 Like