Cannot Deploy Form

When I click deploy to test the form I’m building, I get this error. This is not a user-friendly error:

your form cannot be deployed because it contains errors:

HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘kobocat.kudura.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/forms (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(“bad handshake: Error([(‘SSL routines’, ‘tls_process_server_certificate’, ‘certificate verify failed’)],)”,),))

Hi @clayrvesol,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind having a look at the support article which provides you the step by step guide on how to deploy a survey form.

Hi @Kal_Lam thanks for the response. The above error message is what I get when I click the Deploy button, so the first step in the article you link. I don’t see any information on that link about the error message I’m seeing or common issues with uploading the form. It’s a pretty simple form so I’m not sure what the issue would be

Hi @clayrvesol,

You have been seeing this error message as the SSL certificate for ‘kobocat.kudura.com’ expired on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 11:19:33 AM GMT-04:00. The certificate for the same has been generated by Let’s Encrypt. You will have to renew it with Let’s Encrypt. However, if the install has been done with kobo-install, the certificate renewal should have been handled by kobo-install, which would mean it had failed. In this case, please let us know as our developers will have to investigate.

Hi @Kal_Lam thanks for the info

How do I renew the certificate with Let’s Encrypt? I’m not finding anything when searching your forums. I’m not sure how the setup was done; it was handled prior to my joining the organization

Please note this is something we need to resolve by this weekend as we are intending to launch a series of surveys over the weekend

Hi @clayrvesol,

Would you mind having a look at the document here: Renewing certificates. This should be helpful for you.

Hi @Kal_Lam I was able to resolve this. Thank you

1 Like