Cannot download data with xml headers

We cannot export or download the project data with XML headers. Now it has been entered 2800+ observations in the system. We greatly appreciate it if someone could help us.

Welcome to the community @chinthaka! Could you let us know the server you are using?

Thanks Kal_Lam,
It is https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/
I hope this is what you refer to by the server

@chinthaka, would you mind sharing with me the following through a private message?

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server (HHI)

You could send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Dear Kal_Lam,
The forum does not allow me to send you a private message.

Error Message: “Sorry, you cannot send a personal message to that user.”

Dear Kal_Lam,
The requested information is as follows.

Username - xxxxxxx
Project name - Protracted Displacement Economies (PDE) DRC Baseline Survey 2021 (Final v2 - Kalehe, Masisi)
Server (HHI): https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/#/forms/xxxxxxxxxx/summary

We would be grateful If you could help us rectify the issue.
Chinthaka

@chinthaka, as a temporary solution, you could download your data in XLS (legacy) format as shown in the image shared below:

Dear Kal_Lam,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, we did it already. However, we cannot replicate our command files for data cleaning and wrangling as the variable names are not the same. Do you see any other means of fetching the data file?

Regards
Chinthaka

Dear Kal_Lam,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Actually, we did it. However, we cannot replicate our command files for data cleaning and wrangling as the variable names are not the same.

Regards

We will get back to you when your issue is identified and resolved.

Hi @chinthaka, thank you for reporting this issue. It seems to be related to the new handling of XLS types in the export. Please continue with your exports with the Store date and number responses as text option enabled while I look into it.

1 Like

Hi @chinthaka, you can track this issue here:

1 Like