Cannot list users from API (403 forbidden)

Hi everyone,

I am creating this topic as I am using the Kobo API v2 and trying to retrieve the list of registered users with the following endpoint: /api/v2/users/.
Unfortunately, this endpoint systematically returns a 403 Forbidden error.

I went through permissions-related endpoints and permissions with direct database access, but did not find any relevant setting to enable this /api/v2/users/ endpoint :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I will also have to create and edit users through this API in a near future; but listing all available users would be a great first step.

Did anyone face the same problem for listing users? Have you any suggestion to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @boris, unfortunately we do not expose the /users endpoint for security reasons. There is additional discussion in this thread for some workarounds with creating users:

2 Likes

Hi @Josh, thank you very much for your quick reply!

While I do totally understand the underlying security concerns, is there something that is on your roadmap to enable users management through the API in the future?

I’ll keep interacting directly with the database at the moment and probably build a custom API layer to meet my current project’s requirements; the workaround you suggested also seems interesting for users creation :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks again for your help!

2 Likes

Hi @boris, there are currently not plans to incorporate this, but it is still a possibility for the future :+1:

1 Like