Choice Filter breaks with 10,000+ rows

Hi All and good day.
I’ve initially setuped a cascading select which allows a respondent to select a geographical unit to where s/he belongs to (Region->Province->Municipal->Barangay). Barangay is the smallest geographical unit with a total list items of around 10,000+ rows.

Based on the XLS form I’ve shared in a link below , if I am to add a choice_filter for the Barangay with the command municipal_code=${municipality_select the whole form fails to load and shows the error message “Loading Error…”. But if am to remove the choice_filter command, it happily loads all the 10,000+ rows to the dropdown item (but without filtering based on the municipality selected).

I’ve also tried breaking the barangay rows by batch and it seems it breaks on certain # of rows with a choice_filter. I also tried divding the the barangays into separate choice_filter column by region to no avail.

Any thoughts on how to go about will be much appreciated.

Hi @mon_tejano,

Welcome to the community! In this case you could use the select one from file question type as outlined in the support article here.

To use the cascading select along with the select one from file question type please have a look at the workaround (with an example) discussed previously:

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam. Thank you this and that was quick. I will try the suggested workaround select_one from file.

Raymond

1 Like

Hi @mon_tejano,
I am interested in knowing whether the workaround worked for you.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi @stephanealoo:

Good day and thanks for reaching out. I tried a few iterations on the XLS form and have it deployed with the external CSV file as indicated in the reference link shared by @Kal_Lam. However, my iteration seem not to work as the " select_one_from_file" does not appear once i tried to test/view the form.

I haven’t tried doing a smaller simulation, but will try today and do further iteration and post the results through this thread.

1 Like

Hi @stephanealoo.

UPDATE; I was able to move forward and my form is now able to filter over 10,000+ rows using choice_filter with .select_one_from_file

thanks,
raymond

1 Like

Hi @mon_tejano,

Thanks for updating and letting us know that it worked (at your end). It would be useful for community members in the future if they have similar issues.

Have a great day!