Collecting Fingerprint during Distribution

Hello,

We are currently collecting fingerprint during distribution on paper which is quite inefficient. I was wondering if its possible to add this feature to Kobo since we 're already using it to collect information and if we can add it to have real time view. If it does can you give me more details. If it doesnt work through Kobo Can you send me alternatives? thank you

Hi Hamed,
To my knowledge this hasn’t been done successfully yet, but maybe there are users out there who can share their experience. To truly connect a scanned fingerprint to Collect and have recorded as part of your survey you would need to 1) scan the print using an Android device or external scanner that can pass it back into an Android app, and 2) customize Collect so that it can ‘read’ the print from this fingerprint app.

One relatively easy workaround would be to take a photo of the paper fingerprint and save that as part of your survey. There are plenty of cheap strap on macro lenses that can do the job to create a digital copy of the fingerprint, the question is just whether a photo in this case is sufficient for your needs.

Best,

Tino

···

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:17 AM, gheen...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello,

We are currently collecting fingerprint during distribution on paper which is quite inefficient. I was wondering if its possible to add this feature to Kobo since we 're already using it to collect information and if we can add it to have real time view. If it does can you give me more details. If it doesnt work through Kobo Can you send me alternatives? thank you

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.