Connect to Server

Dear all,

I need support regarding the server. KoboCollect-KoboToolBox. It seems that it is some sort of error thank I can’t fix. When trying to access the questionnaire I have created and deployed, I can access it from the app.

It says: error when downloading the list of questionnaires and that it is a problem regarding the server.

URL:https://kc.humanitarianresponse.info

thanks a ton!
Anna

Is your server settings all OK? Have you gone through our support article to ensure that your configurations are OK?

Hello,

Thank you for your sms. Yes, I have check the article several times and I can’t find the issue…

Could you share the screenshot of General Settings>Server from your Collect android app? This should help us understand the configuration you have made in your Collect android app.

Here it is!

OK, so your settings are good. Now, would you mind validating your xlsform with this online validator to see if there are any syntax issues? Users sometimes are not able to load the blank forms to the Collect android app when there are syntax issues.

You were right. This error shows when uploading the document,

Could you show the entire screenshot, especially the one at the top. The error message you see here are normal and that should not affect what is happening at your end.

Here.

Ok, so seems like it’s clear from this validator. Maybe you will need to share your xlsform with the community. The community should be able to help you identify the issue.

Sure, no problem.
Should I share here?
My apologies, it’s the first time using this service.

Yes, you could share it with the community. The community should be able to help you.

KoboCollect.Prepost2021.xlsx (18.5 KB)

Dear all,

Here the xlsform from my project, If someone could help me out with this, it would be very much appreciate it.
I can see the form when previewing it, however, when trying to Get a Blank From in the App a message error appears.

This is very much appreciate it,

best,
Anna

1 Like

@medicosdelmundosl8, looking at your xlsform I see that you have tried to use matrix question type. Please be informed that matrix question is compatible with Enketo and not with Collect android app. Hence, it is advised to use Enketo instead of Collect android app for this survey project. For details, you could also have a look at our support article Question Matrix Response Type.

Thank you.

So do you mean that an App for this format can not be used? Because the reason I am using this is for My team on the field to collect data.

Yes, Matrix questions are not supported with Collect android app. Alternatively, you will need to use Enketo also know as the web forms to collect your data for this project.

Ok, I appreciate your kind help.

1 Like

Dear Memebers of the Community,

As the Matrix questions are not supported with Collect android app, I have to study posisble alternatives (changing format of my project for example). Alternatively, as suggested here, I would have to use Enketo. My question is, that if the second option is the one I go forward with, Enketo would allow our field workers to collect data off-line. There is no possible way that our data collection activities imply the usage of data, hence I need to study alternatives.

thank you!

Yes, you should be able to collect offline data through Enketo. For details, please feel free to go through our support article Collecting Data through Web Forms.