Deletion of submission on OCHA server not reflecting in Excel Power Query

I deleted some submission of a form using the Data Table window on kobo.humanitarianresponse.info. The deleted submissions were from a previous version of this form. The submissions were successfully deleted, as they no longer show up in the Data Table view.

I have an excel workbook which pulls data using Power Query from the server. However, these deleted submission continue to appear in my Excel workbook. What is the problem?
I am stuck and cannot proceed further in my analysis work? Kindly help.

Hi @mohan_n,

This is because your Excel Dataset synced with KoBoToolbox requires manual refresh (to get the latest records from the server). Hence for this, press the Refresh All which you should see under the Data as shown in the image below:

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

After several refreshes to get the data updated, i gave up. i even tried pulling data into a new fresh workbook to see if that could help. but to no avail.

Hi @mohan_n,

Just a query (so that it is easier to better understand the issue), did you upload the survey project from the project legacy or from the KoBoToolbox Form Builder User Interface?

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

I do not remember clearly since I use both for project creation. I guess I did this one using KoBoToolbox Form Builder User Interface.

Hi @mohan_n,

Have you tried making the data public (in KoBoToolbox) and then refreshing your Excel sheet as instructed above. Please let us know if it still does not work.

HAVE a GREAT DAY!

Today as i opened the excel, and refreshed the query, the data has got updated. Thank you. The project was already public as I guess can be seen from the below pic

1 Like

Hey @mohan_n ,

Any potential tips on something you might have done to help make data disappear? I’ve tried a number of things including clearing my excel and web browser caches, but nothing seems to be working. Data still seems to be showing on my spreadsheet.

Any tips are more than appreciated.