Error message shown while deploying form

Hi,

I have created my form (questionnaire) in XLS and confirmed that it has no error when I run it on https://getodk.org/xlsform/ .

However, it gives me an error unable to deploy if this problem persists, contact help@kobotoolbox.org please check your connection and try again.

I have tried to deploy using different browsers for several days but still doesn’t work and my Internet is stable.

Please assist.

Regards,

Samson.

Hi @samwahito,

Thank you for flagging out the issue. Will reach back to you once the issue is solved.

Have a great day!

I will appreciate

1 Like

Hi @samwahito,

The issue has been resolved. Could you kindly please confirm.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
I have checked but the issue still persists.

Hi @samwahito,

Would you mind sharing your xlsform. Maybe the community could help you identify your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Sure, find the xls I am tryng to deploy attached here.
Survey_Final.xlsx (332.8 KB)

Hi,
This seems to be an issue with your form which is not loading. I have tried other forms and they are loading pretty well.

I noticed your form has 5762 questions which makes it bulky. I need you to go through the entire form carefully and confirm that there are no issues on your end.

Stephane

1 Like

I don’t see any errors on the form [Survey_Final.xlsx], however i see a lot of select_multiple questions that will create numbers of columns per selection in the server. I’m not sure if the Kobo server have a limitation on the number of column it can generate in a single sheet.

I suggest that you will group the questions particularly from rows 482 - 631, 682 -795, 806-910 (and so on.) and do a “repeat”, this way you will have a single column of selected items (ex. Aphids, Pod borers) in a different sheet. It would be much easier for you to manage your database.

You can refer to this sample. Sample_Form.xlsx (11.6 KB)

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you @Kal_Lam, @stephanealoo and @DoMin0it for your support. I went through each line and everything is okay. The only problem which might be there is that the questionnaire is long. I decided to break it down into two parts and they were both deployed successfully.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi @samwahito
The questionnaire was rather long about 5670 variables (questions). Your approach to breaking it seems to have worked for you.

Also, the approach recommended by @DoMin0it would have worked

Please note that even as we continuously improve our systems, the limit of the survey forms is dependent on the complexity of the design, and the length. We don’t have as yet a specific cut off of how many variables/questions should a form have. Thank you for sharing so far.

Stephane

1 Like