Difficulty to execute a calculation

Hello I am using the Kobo form builder. When insert a calculation this message sent to me;

. " Error occured during the loading of this form. It is recommended not to use this form for data entry until this is resolved.

Please contact [support@kobotoolbox.org with the link to this page and the error message below:

• FormLogicError: Could not evaluate: House pop: /model/instance[1]/data/group_tp1bg13/children + /model/instance[1]/data/group_tp1bg13/teenagers, message: The expression is not a legal expression. (line: undefined, character: undefined).

Please can anyone help me here. I want to do a sum of two questions and display the result as a note thereafter.

Hi
Have you checked this article

Regards
Stephane

Yes. I have. Thanks.

I needed to avoid multiple calculations. ie. It did not support a multiple calculation like; ${question} + ${question2} + ${question3} etc. Instead do support. ${question} + ${question2} = x. Then; ${x} + ${question3}c= y

Hi
Could you provide your calculation logic as you would have wanted to paste it?

Regards
Stephane

Hello.

Hope I understood your last message.

Sorry I had deleted already the calculations which caused the error. So what I shared was example to explain the problem and the solution I used.

Regards.
Lechindem.

1 Like