Download data with formulas for calculated fields

Description :

I have a Kobo form which contains some calculated fields.
I would like to download my collected data in .xls format with keeping for the calculated fields the formula. Is there a way to do it ?

I tried with the web interface and the API (V1 & V2) but when I download the data I had the calculated field name and the values computed by kobo. I loose the formula.

I need to keep the formula in my Excel data file because I have sometimes to correct some data.

The only way I have in mind to solve this issue, it’s to also download the excel form file which contains the formulas and to make a mapping based on the variable name with a program (Excel or Python). But this way is really not convenient specially when you have groups because the variables name mismatch between the two files.

Thanks for your help,

Example :

Form file

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 15.08.31

Download data file

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 15.12.23

For my calculated field B, I only have the computed values and I lose the reference to the formula

Hello @qvillo
you can set a label for the calculate variable in your form. (Or enhance the name of the variable).

2 Likes

@qvillo, please be informed that the formula is only set at the form level. When it comes to the data level the formula converts this formula to the value. So you will not be able to get the formula here.

1 Like