Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them

Dear KoboToolbox troubleshooting team,

I have a problem saving my multiple questions when I need to insert comment it nenver says skip logic option
for example when I quit the kobo and return the entered questions never display skip logic version where comment option should appear
Can you please help me to sort it out?

it says: The name column for the ‘kt0oc09’ choice list contains these duplicates: ‘_’. Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them. If this is intentional, you can set the allow_choice_duplicates setting to ‘yes’. Learn more: XLSForm.org.

many thanks

Nurzhan

Welcome to the community, @nshakieva! Would you mind validating your xlsform with this online validator? The online validator should be helpful for you to identify issues that are present within your xlsform.

1 Like

Dear Kal_Lam

Thank you for the message, I tried to validate but it refers to the same problem Error: The name column for the ‘im3gg09’ choice list contains these duplicates: ‘_’. Duplicate names will be impossible to identify in analysis unless a previous value in a cascading select differentiates them. If this is intentional, you can set the allow_choice_duplicates setting to ‘yes’. Learn more: XLSForm.org.

even for validation, deployment, which name repeated I can’t get
Thanks,
Nurzhan

@nshakieva, this post discussed previously should help you solve your issue: