Dynamic choice updating using Google Sheets/Excel on SharePoint

Hi everyone!

I don’t imagine that I’m the first person facing the problem that I have. I have a form that collects participant information. Before the questions that collect participant information (i.e., name, email, cellphone number etc.), there is a select one question containing a list of names. If a respondent selects their name in this list, they skip the questions asking for their information. This is to prevent participant information being collected twice.

The list of names that appears in the select one question is currently stored in an Excel document in SharePoint. Because this list of names is updated via several different Kobo forms, the choices for the select one question would ideally come from this single Excel document. Does anybody have any experience updating their Kobo form choices with a file stored externally (ideally SharePoint)? The closest possible solution I found came from this post but I don’t think it solves my problem (although I’m not certain). Thank you to anyone who responds to this!

Welcome to the community, @Tyryn! Have you gone through our support article Pull Data Functionality in KoboToolbox? It should also be helpful if you have missed it.