Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data

Hello,

I am having trouble implementing “Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data.” The example files found here were uploaded to KoBoToolbox. This produced the following result on the hosted version of KoBoToolbox.

Has anyone successfully implemented “Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data”? If so, please post a set of demo files that are known to work.

Regards,
Jake

Dear Jake

Did you get any options / ways to get it done? I’m also interested in using dynamic selects from pre-loaded data!

Cheers,

···

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 15:55:57 UTC+2, jpstaub wrote:

Hello,

I am having trouble implementing “Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data.” The example files found here were uploaded to KoBoToolbox. This produced the following result on the hosted version of KoBoToolbox.

Has anyone successfully implemented “Dynamic selects from pre-loaded data”? If so, please post a set of demo files that are known to work.

Regards,
Jake

Hello Olivier,

No. Unfortunately I have not figured out a solution to using dynamic selects. I was hoping a developer would provide some input but to this point I have gotten no response.

Regards,
Jake

···

On Monday, May 22, 2017 at 9:08:17 AM UTC-4, Olivier Bode wrote:

Dear Jake

Did you get any options / ways to get it done? I’m also interested in using dynamic selects from pre-loaded data!

Cheers,

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 15:55:57 UTC+2, jpstaub wrote:

Hello,

Regards,
Jake

Dear Jake,

There are 2 functions used with pre-loaded data,search() and pulldata(). Currently I don’t think search() is being supported in Enketo, but pulldata() is.
search() helps you get a list of options from a pre-loaded data set where you can choose from - this works well with ODK/Kobo Collect.
pulldata() will only pull one value from the pre-loaded data set and works well with both ODK/Kobo Collect and Enketo.

Regards,
Jonathan.

···

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 16:55:57 UTC+3, jpstaub wrote:

Hello,

Regards,
Jake

Hello Jonathan,

Thank you for your response.

Please post example files where pulldata() functions properly on the public version of KoboToolbox.

Regards,
Jake

···

On Monday, June 5, 2017 at 9:06:28 AM UTC-4, Jonathan Munene wrote:

Dear Jake,

There are 2 functions used with pre-loaded data,search() and pulldata(). Currently I don’t think search() is being supported in Enketo, but pulldata() is.
search() helps you get a list of options from a pre-loaded data set where you can choose from - this works well with ODK/Kobo Collect.
pulldata() will only pull one value from the pre-loaded data set and works well with both ODK/Kobo Collect and Enketo.

Regards,
Jonathan.

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 16:55:57 UTC+3, jpstaub wrote:

Hello,

Regards,
Jake