Error: Failed to load data from

Could you share the full screenshot please?

Here you are dear @Kal_Lam

OK, great! So could you also let us know the total number of questions and choices in your survey tab and choices tab respectively?

The total number of questions: 134
& the total number of choices: 12 (the same choices used for many questions)

Well in this note everything seems to be OK. Could you share your xlsform with the community? The community should be able to help you out.

Dear @Kal_Lam ,

Sorry, I can’t share the form publicly. since it needs permission.
but I can share it with you privately.

Sure, please feel free to share if privately if you are comfortable sharing privately.

You will also need to share the csv file as i see pulldata function being called within your xlsform.

Dear @Kal_Lam

light copy of both requested files sent to you.

Best regards, Abd-Rabu

1 Like

Will get back to you once I figure out issues that solves the problem.

1 Like

Ok. I am waiting your reply.

Thanks for your usual support.

1 Like

Hello,
this is NOT a problem.
You might add a label for the internal metadata also: (type username, name: username) But the form can be deployed without.

2 Likes

Hi @aamra
Could you please confirm the following:

1. Works on Android Collect (Yes, you had confirmed)
  2. Works on preview (web browser)?
  3. Works on the Enketo webform?

As @wroos has mentioned, you are actually able add a label for the username metadata, and you can actually deploy it. Please confirm if such an action resolves your error that you are seeing.

I highly doubt it has to do with your pull data, you should have seen it when pulling the data or even deploying.

Regards
Stephane

1 Like

Dear @stephanealoo ,

The status of my survey as follows:

1. Works on Android Collect (Yes, working fine )
  2. Works on preview (web browser)? (Not working)
  3. Works on the Enketo webform? (Yes, working fine)
  4. The form deployment (Yes, deployed fine)

For the csv file, I usually use UTF8 encoding and its working fine with several other forms.

Best regards, Abd-Rabu

Hi @aamra
With what you have indicated, there is no issue with your form. This seems to be an issue with our preview not working for your situation i.e. when a form has a username included as metadata and no label is provided, it deploys but does not work on the preview. @Kal_Lam I believe it has nothing to do with the CSV.

Stephane

1 Like

I shared the form the the data files with @Kal_Lam . and he promised to return to me.

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam ,

Kindly do you have any updates about the reported issue?

On it. It’s taking time to debug the issue.

1 Like

xref two other recent tickets where other users have hit the Failed to load data from /media/get/https/kc.kobotoolbox.org/ [.....] .csv problem (though some on Enketo rather than preview):

as far as I understand, the error wording above is the display wording of the underlying dataloadfailed error.

1 Like

@aamra, apologies for getting back to you late. I wanted to respond to this post as it would help the community having similar issues.

I observed that your CSV file had a variable name that was not supported by the system.

Issue: Use of -

Image 1

Solution: Replaced with _

Image 2

And it worked.

FYR:

Have shared back your xlsform and the CSV files through the private message.