Error Generating Preview 2

Hi there,
I’m getting the following error message when I try and generate a preview:
‘There does not seem to be a allow_choice_duplicates column header defined in your settings sheet. You must have set allow_choice_duplicates setting in your settings sheet to have duplicate choice list names in your choices sheet’

I can see people have had this problem before but I can’t find any duplicates in the XLS form. Can you help.

Olivia

Welcome,
Normally, you can trust this message (there are).
You can check for the duplicates in Excel (download of form) for the name columns in choices sheet. Data >> Remove duplicates. And you can manually search them by sorting the name columns.

1 Like

Hi Wroos,
I’ve just done that in Excel and it says no duplicates found. What does that mean?

It is in the choices (item) name column. It maybe small/capital spelling duplicate (which Excel would not directly show).
Try a sort and check manually (or with an Exel formula).
Otherwise the community could only help more if you provide the xlsform.

1 Like

It says I can’t upload a form as a new user?

Welcome to the community, @ofarrant! You should now be able to upload your xlsform. But before doing the same, I would advise you to validate your xlsform through this online validator to see if you could fix it by yourself. This online validator should help you identify issues that are present within your xlsform.

Besides, we too have discussions that should help you identify the issue: