Error message seen: Cascading choices can only reference one choice list

Hi Kal,

I have challenge uploading an xls. I get this error feedback
Cascading choices can only reference one choice list. Could you help with this?

Thanks

Sam

Welcome back to the community, @SammyT! Could you also share a screenshot of the issue so that the community should also be able to understand your issue pictorially?

Kobo error

1 Like

In_Person Monitoring Checklist_draft1.xlsx (38.8 KB)

Hi @SammyT,
the error is here: in your choice filter column you put: region=${region} and district=${district}
Just put this: district=${district}

See if that works!
:slight_smile:
Janna

2 Likes

@janna, :clap: :heart: :partying_face:

Thanks Janna but that didn’t work. I even deleted the choice filters and then reloaded but that still didn’t work.

Sam

Hi @SammyT,
Here’s a copy of the modified XLSForm and a video of me deploying it…do you want to watch the video and see what might be different, as it deployed fine for me?
Video of me doing it:
Thumbnail for video
Watch Video

Copy of the XLSForm I used:
In_Person Monitoring Checklist_draft1.xlsx (33.5 KB)

Hope this helps!
Janna

1 Like

Thank you, Janna.

Yes, I’m able to preview as shown in the video (and thanks for that video) but I’m unable to switch and edit in form builder. An attempt to do this gives me the error message I shared earlier. What is outstanding for me to do is to build in the skip logics which I’m not familiar doing that in xls. So I want to edit and use the form builder to add the skip logics. Can we jump on a call to quickly discuss as I’m running at against time?

Thanks

Sam

Okay - I see the error when you go to edit it. To fix that error, you just need to delete the ‘1’ and ‘2’ from the ‘region’ column where you have ‘district’ filters in place.

That’s a confusing sentence - here’s the XLSForm that should work for you now - I’ve highlighted in yellow on the ‘choices’ sheet where I deleted values so you shouldn’t get the error now…

In_Person Monitoring Checklist_draft1.xlsx (33.6 KB)

Cheers,
Janna

1 Like

Thanks so much Janna & Kal. It’s working now! You guys are such a great support system.

2 Likes

Error loading survey:

cascading choices can only reference one choice list

Please check my file and help!!

Error loading survey:

cascading choices can only reference one choice list

Hi Sammy T
You can use the link ODK - XLSForm Online v2.x to check and verify your forms. It gives the alert to rectify it.
Regards

Hello Kal,

I am experiencing the same issue; I can preview the form but can not edit in the form builder. the . I get this Error loading survey:
cascading choices can only reference one choice list. Could you help with this?

Regards
Jillur
aKfKtqbukbguw4ZHAyVHQF - Copy.xlsx (26.2 KB)