Error preview

Good morning Sir, I have updated my browser as you directed. my link has loaded well.

If I tried to preview my work it will bring out this error message. I did not include religion in my form. “There has been a problem trying to replace ${region} with the XPath to the survey element named ‘region’. There is no survey element with this name”
Please can someone help me. Am a beginner. I tried screen shorting but cant paste it here. Thanks Nkechi.

Hi @nkechi1010,

Welcome to the community! Would like to explain you on why you are getting this type of an error message with the help of an example shown in the image below:

While trying to preview through the Form Preview:

While trying to deploy the survey form:
Image 1

Scenario 1: I am trying to skip a question with a wrong expression. If you do not want to see error for this, simply replace ${Q101}='4' with ${Q1}='4'. This is because the survey form has no variable named Q101. The use of a variable name that is not present in the survey form thus created this preview error.

In the survey tab of your xlsfrom:
Image 3 (survey)

In the choices tab of your xlsfrom:
Image 4 (choices)

Reference xlsform:
Skip (Preview Error).xlsx (9.4 KB)

Scenario 2: I am trying to make a simple cascading select in my survey form with a wrong expression. Once again, if you do not want to see error for this, simply replace district=${Q101} with district=${Q1}. This is because the survey form has no variable named Q101. The use of a variable name that is not present in the survey form thus created this preview error.

In the survey tab of your xlsfrom:
Image 5 (survey)

In the choices tab of your xlsfrom:
Image 6 (choices)

Reference xlsform:
Cascading Select (Preview Error).xlsx (16.8 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like