Form disappeared

Form disappeared.
The user had started filling out the form earlier today around 7:00 am BRA and when he went to add information later at around 11:00 am BRA the form had already disappeared. All this happened today, 08/17/2022 with the message linked in the image below appearing on the application screen.

I believe it is related to the scheduled maintenance that was performed on kobotoolbox servers on 8/16/2022. I urgently request information because my project has 152 integrated collectors with substantial information for my organization.

@marcelsilva, please be informed that once the survey project has been fetched to your Collect android app, the project does not get auto deleted even if you delete the project from your server (account). Thus, server maintenance does not affect the disappearance of your project.

The issue I assume is that the project has either been manually deleted from your app, or if not, you must have configured another user configuration in the app. Please note that you cannot create multiple user settings under the same app. For details, please feel free to have a look at the article Data Collection on KoboCollect App (Latest Version).

In the project we use the ODK v2022.3 version and as server kc.kobotoolbox.org.
The project updates settings are as follows:
Form management > Automatic update frequency > Every 24 hour.
In the previous period, in the last 24 hours, two important events occurred. First, the kobotoolbox server underwent maintenance and second, the form received a slight change and was made available again. I don’t think it’s an error in the form it only occurred on the cell phone of one data collector out of 154 in total.

Hello @marcelsilva,
could you provide more information (screenshots) of this device, please

• Main menu, with number of saved, finalised any sent
  • Saved list (with form version)
  • Form list ?
    Did you check the local settings again, e.g. server?
  • Can this user now download the new form version ?
1 Like

Hello @wroos ,
Main Menu:

Saved List:

“Did you check the local settings again, e.g. server?”
Yes

• Can this user now download the new form version ?
    The user reinstalled the app and downloaded the form again.

I think it’s an application impropriety in handling blank form updates. The settings established for the user were “form management” was “exacly match server”. So I think that if a collector is carrying out a search with an old version of the form and the update happens at this moment, the application automatically discards all the work done on the old form. Yesterday another collector informed me that during the research his form disappeared for the first time.
At the time of the first collector’s complaint, I did an update test on my app and I also received the following message:

Can you reproduce this with, e.g. with a clone of your form, on your own device?

1 Like

Reproduce the form update on the server five times under the same conditions mentioned in the previous topic but no sign of instalility or crash in the form. Please, I ask for help from the community, this work is very important and contributed a lot to the dissemination of kobotoolbox servers in my region.

So, what is your demand for further help, please?

We would need, please, to be able to reproduce your update problem, with a form clone, you as user, during a form update process.

1 Like

Sorry, I wrote the text incorrectly. What I meant was that I reproduced the form update on the server five times under the same conditions mentioned in the previous topic, but no failures happened.

@Kal_Lam,
Would you mind to take over, please?
Kind regards

1 Like

@marcelsilva, which version of the Collect android app is your team using? Also, please let us know the device brand, and it’s OS the device is using. These details should also be helpful for the community to troubleshoot.

The person responsible for the collection is currently unreachable. I didn’t get those details until now.

@marcelsilva, feel free to reach us back when are you in touch with your team.