Form submissions from multiple users with no personal account

Hello, this is an amazing application. I have a question about this scenario:

I created a project with one form. I want to share the form with as many people as possible that will fill it with their smartphone in the field (for a citizen scientist project, but I know the usage will be quite below the limit for the kf server). The use of smartphone has to be prioritized.

What are the available options?

1. Every user who wants to join the project will have to create their user account, communicate me their id so I can add them to the project (with the restrictions I choose) → downside: possible user fatigue due to the additional steps required
  2. I create a second account myself, add it to the project (with the restrictions I choose), and I share its username and password with all the participants → downside: one malignant user could potentially delete this account, I cannot block users from submitting spam forms
  3. ?

Thanks!!!

Welcome to the community @simblanco! In this case why would you not try using the web form aka Enketo. Using Enketo you will not need to share the username and password for those willing to take part in your survey. For details, please feel free to go through our support article Collecting Data through Web Forms.

Thanks for the prompt reply. This solution may work. However, it is a limitation: the users cannot exploit the functionality of the app, and there is an upload limit of 10MB that may affect my project. I will make a suggestion about this :slight_smile:

You could always use the KoBoCollect android app as outlined in the support article Collecting Data with KoBoCollect on Android if you have a limited number of known enumerators. If you, however, don’t have enumerators, you could always use the Enketo to collect data.

Please keep in mind that it’s always safe and secure to have 2 user accounts (the admin account and the enumerators account) if you are collecting data through the Collect android app. When you have these two accounts, you could share certain access to the enumerators’ account for data collection as outlined in the support article Managing Permissions.

1 Like