French language in column not appearing in Matrix Question

Hello do i translate column variables on a matrix question from one language to another? The rows have accepted and have been translated. The column variables are missing!

Welcome to the community, @nyamesegere! Would you mind sharing the community a screenshot of your issue? Maybe that would help the community to understand your issue.

Welcome to the community, @nyamesegere! Would you mind sharing the community a screenshot of your issue? Maybe that would help the community to understand your issue pictorially.

This is the image. The empty columns are supposed to be translated to French but not picking. What should i do?

Hi,
Could you confirm that you have named your french language appropriately on the form? Kindly check this specification and available language codes here

Stephane

1 Like

@stephanealoo it is named correctly. Other questions and options are picking/translating very well except the column options in the matrix questions. Could you be having an idea on how to handle it?

@nyamesegere, maybe you will need to share your xlsform with the community.

Its denying that new users can’t upload attachments

You should now be able to attach your xlsform to the community. If you should have any issues uploading your xlsform, please refresh your page.

XLSform.xlsx (47.2 KB)
Here is the form. I just want the column variables in the matrix questions to be translated as well to French

@nyamesegere, I observed that your French translation was missing from the xlsform. FYI:

Update the translation and it should solve your issue.

Reference xlsform:

XLSform.xlsx (48.2 KB)

@Kal_Lam i updated those translations but they kept disappearing after moving out of the window that i used to update. Note: I was updating online (on kobo) and not on the XLS form.

Hi @nyamesegere
Do you mind updating the translation in XLS as we try replicating the loss of translations on the form builder?

Regards,
Stephane