Getting error message while loading survey forms

Hi,

My name is Klaus, we are working in Honduras with environmental data for La Tigra National Park. I am having problems with two cellphones loading forms.

TypeError
this.element.closest(…).classList[Symbol.iterator] is not a function

Hope you can help us.

Best regards

Klaus Wiese
Fundación Amigos de La Tigra

Hi @amitigra,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind letting us know the following so that we could better understand your situation:

• Could you kindly let us know the version of the KoBoCollect android app are you using for these two devices? If you are not using the latest version i.e. v1.25.1 would you mind trying it out and see if you still see the error message?
  • Do you see the same error message in other devices as well?

Have a great day!

We are using web version of the survey. The problem is only in these two devices.

Hi @amitigra,

Can you confirm the browser you are using for these two devices?

Have a great day!

Chrome in both cases

Hi @amitigra,

Could you share your xlsform with the community so that we could have a look at it? (Please provide an English version so that everyone is able to understand and sort-out your issue).

Have a great day!

Hi @amitigra,

Please see the solution provided in your private message!

Have a great day!

Hello,
please, avoid to publish personal data to the public. See full names in your xls.
See Reminder about sharing personal and sensitive information on the community forum
Kind regards

1 Like

Hi. What was the solution provided? We are also facing similar issues from field.

Hi @Sridhar,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind providing us a detailed outline so that we could help solve out this issue. Maybe would you mind starting by sharing a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Please find attached the error message.

Thanks Sridhar

Hi @Sridhar,

Would you mind sharing me the link to the survey (you could send me through a private message if you feel it should be treated confidentially) so that i would like to have a look at my end…

Have a great day!

Please find the link: https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#iVzQ3GdB

Hi @Sridhar,

Kindly please be informed that i could smoothly open the link in my browser:

Would you mind providing the following information so that we are able to better understand why some users are facing this problem while other are not…

• Device you are using (PC, tablet, smartphone)
  • OS your device uses
  • Browser you are currently using

Have a great day!

Sure. I will try to get that data. It is being faced by few of them from the field. Will provide you the details soon.

1 Like

Hi
Could you also indicate if the few are within specific geographies and whether they have updated their browsers? Please provide this alongside the information requested by @Kal_Lam

Stephane

1 Like

It is a pan country effort and done through a group of organisations. So getting the data is going to be a bit of a problem, though will try to get it.

Hi,

This is normally an issue with either the browser they are using. Can you ask them to use chrome and use an updated browser as hinted by @Kal_Lam on a previous post which can be found here

• Request them to open a browser and see if they are able to connect to an internet. Sometimes an internet connection also creates connection errors.
  • If they are able to connect to an internet but not able to open the survey form request them to upgrade their browser to the latest possible version. Avoid using Internet Explorer . Try using Chrome or Mozilla. Sometimes the browser also causes this sort of issues.
  • Request them to use the exact characters that has been shared with them. Sometimes a typo error could also lead to this issue. FYI, while trying the link (you provided) in my tablet i too had a typo error and could not access. But then i corrected the typo and i could open the same in my tablet as well. .

Stephane

1 Like