Help with automatic GPS collection when using KoboCollect and website form builder

Could someone advise on how to set-up automatic GPS collection during survey collection using the KoboCollect app?

I use the website formbuilder to build my surveys, collect using the KoboCollect app on android devices and use the non-humanitarian server. I would like to collect GPS as a background parameter, in a way that the enumerators cannot see or alter - similar to the automatic collection of the date and time parameters. I cannot yet see an option or way to do this. Could someone advise as it if this is possible and if so, how to do it?

If possible, I would like to do it using the online form builder as opposed the excel way as this it out of my skill range.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Welcome to the community, @co2balance! Maybe you could do it as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi Kal_Lam,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not use the xlsform versions. Is there a way of doing this whilst using the online form builder?

Thanks

1 Like

You could do the same through Layout & Settings>audit>Audit settings, as shown in the image below:

Hi Kal_Lam,

Thanks again for getting back to me.

I have just tried your suggestion and run a test survey. The GPS has still not been collected in the background. See below screenshot for what was included in the audit.
Do you have any advice on what to do now?

Thanks

Would you mind following the post shared previously? That post should help you answer your query in detail. Also please note that this feature is available only if you collect data with KoBoCollect android app. It does not work with Enketo.

Thanks! Just gone through it and have found the GPS data in the zip file.

2 Likes