How to change the date format from “YYYY-MM-DD” to “DD-MM-YYYY”?

Hi, While creating the form with the help of “date” field, the date format is “YYYY-MM-DD” by default. so, can we change the format into “DD-MM-YYYY”. Could you please help me to get the format “DD-MM-YYYY”?

Thanks in Advance

Welcome to the community, @chris88745! This post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

I can’t solve the problem and the syntax doesn’t display anything at all.
could i get some help?

Sorry, is your issue still not solved with the shared workaround?

I tried several times but the problem persists

@chris88745, this is how it should work.

In the survey tab of your XLSForm:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference XLSForm:

Changing date format.xls (25.5 KB)

Welcome to the community, @Romaine! Thank you for sharing this with the community! :clap: It should be very helpful for the entire community.

Thank you very much Romain.
i do this with the upload of data to excel.
But; how to have the date format in frech directly in the form on kobo without going through Excel!

@chris88745, did you try it with my workaround (the file I shared in this post)? Did it work for you?

Thanks a lot kal.
its works now

1 Like

Hi all,

I am also interested to know how it is possible to have the appareance of the date in DD-MM-YY directly as an option to fill the form without using de XLS form or another question to transform it.

Some of our respondent are really old and not used to answer questions with other format that the french one.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

@lisa_vdh, maybe you will need to change the date format of the device that displays the DD-MM-YYYY.

The date format of the device is DD_MM_YYYY in France by default.
This means that the date on the Enketo webform will be displayed according to the device display format?

Because on my Enketo I still see YYYY-MM-DD even my device date format is DD-MM-YYYY

can something like this happen? or add the criteria on editing the form within kobo or does it need to be through the excel sheet?

:thinking: :thinking: anyone know?

i tried entering this calculation and replacing the form but now get this error when trying to redeploy …