How could i manage permission to users?

Hi There. Thanks for this forum which is so educative to learners. I have a survey on the Non-Humanitarian server and after deploying the form for data collection, the form can be accessed by data collector after sharing the credentials. I have tried to check on the forum but cant get how to block them from accessing the form and editing it. They are just to collect data and submit. How can i block them out without changing their log-in details?

Hi @Ruvuga
Could you confirm if the data collectors are using the same account as you? If yes, this is the problem. You should create a separate data collector account and share the form to that account with different permission settings as indicated in this article.

Stephane

1 Like

Yes they are using same account.

You need to create a different account and manage permissions for that account as per the article I had shared

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to read the article but not understanding. When they go to their Android phones which settings will they input because under general settings/server they need to input URL,Username and Password. So what exactly do i do in the Account setting?

Hi @Ruvuga

1. Create a different user account for data collection (one account should do)
  2. Share the project with that user account as indicated here
  3. When setting up their android, they should use details of their account as instructed in the following article

Stephane

1 Like

I think my problem is creating the different account for data collection. The other processes are ok as outlined above. I have tried creating but when i go to the Android it cant get blank form either username or password is wrong.

Then it means that you have entered the wrong username or password. Kindly countercheck

1 Like

Ok will review.

1 Like