How to assign scores for each option in different questions and get a summation at the end of all questions (composite index)

Hi, I have difficulty in assigning scores for each option in a question. Some questions have three options and others have two options. At the end I want a summation of the scores based on options selected. The total score obtained will be used for categorization. I need help on this please.

Welcome to the community, @ochaba! Maybe these post discussed previously should help you solve your issue:

This one too …

And this one too …

Here is another one …

And this one too …

And one more …

One more …

And one final one …

2 Likes

Thank you so much Kal_Lam. I found the illustrations very helpfull.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I’m Ivonne, I’m new to the community and to xlsforms and kobotoolbox. I searched in the forum for my issue, but didn’t quite find an answer, and probably it has a very easy solution, but I’ve spent hours trying to solve it with different options I found. I have 4 blocks of questions, and for each block I’m delivering a score to participants based on their responses. All blocks of questions are select_one, 3 blocks just yes/no/don’t know and the last block has other type of choices including “don’t know”. The scores are based specifically on a government assessment result and score which are the following:

image,
I haven’t been able to make my calculations work when trying to include the “don’t know” choice. Could you please help me make calculations work and logical and based on the images?
Habitat condition survey_v6_4h_calc.xlsx (614.5 KB)

Thank you.