How to enable 'signature' (drawn with finger on smart phone) in KoboToolbox form?

Hi,

I’m new to this - i’m making a form for use on smart phones and I need to be able to have people sign on the phone. The form data will ultimately be output as a pdf document and it needs a signature on it.

I’ve seen a question on the Kobo support site that says I can use an ‘image’ question, but there’s no such option in the form builder i’m looking at. I’ve signed up to kf.kobotoolbox.org.

Thanks for any help!

AFAIK this is a widget on ODK but not available on KoboToolbox.

w

···

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 10:27:15 PM UTC+11, James Milsom wrote:

Hi,

I’m new to this - i’m making a form for use on smart phones and I need to be able to have people sign on the phone. The form data will ultimately be output as a pdf document and it needs a signature on it.

I’ve seen a question on the Kobo support site that says I can use an ‘image’ question, but there’s no such option in the form builder i’m looking at. I’ve signed up to kf.kobotoolbox.org.

Thanks for any help!

This can be done, but it is hidden under the ‘photo’ question type. For that question, go to settings, and change ‘appearance’ to ‘signature’.

Hope this helps,

Hugh

···

On Wednesday, 23 November 2016 22:21:40 UTC, Wes Pryor wrote:

AFAIK this is a widget on ODK but not available on KoboToolbox.

w

On Friday, November 11, 2016 at 10:27:15 PM UTC+11, James Milsom wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for any help!

1 Like