How to upload Base64 code for an image

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day!

Requirement: In front end, Image should be displayed with the help of Base64 code in the Back end.
We are able to create a prepopulated image through Kobo but as per our need, we need to upload Base64 code for which respective image should be displayed in the front end i.e, in the form.
Is their any possibility?

Kindly please repond ASAP.

Regards,
Keerthi

Hi @keerthi,

Would you mind following the instructions as outlined in the support article Adding media to your form.

Have a great day!

Hi Team,

Greetings of the day!
Thanks for the responds,

But the reply which your have provided to us is not fulfilling our requirement.

We need a form in which we should be able to give Base64 code of an image in the excel(i.e., at the back end), and we need to get that particular image in the form view (i.e., at the front view).

Please respond as soon as possible.

Regards,
Keerthi

Hi,
To clearly understand how you would like to implement this. Please provide the following details.

1. Confirm that you are planning to add an illustration as an image as you would normally do, however you want the image defined in Base64 as opposed to the existing formats?
  2. When using Base64, kindly confirm if you have used this on other data collection platforms with success.
  3. Which system did you use to convert your images to Base64?

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Team,

Thanks for the responds

1Q. Confirm that you are planning to add an illustration as an image as you would normally do, however you want the image defined in Base64 as opposed to the existing formats?

Ans: Please find the below screen shot where we upload the photo directly in Kobotool box but our requirement is to upload the BASE64 code in place of uploading photo.

2Q. When using Base64, kindly confirm if you have used this on other data collection platforms with success.
Ans:We havent tried in any other platform

3Q.Which system did you use to convert your images to Base64?
Ans:With the help of the conerter, below is the link
https://www.base64encode.net/base64-image-encoder

Regards,
Keerthi

Hi @keerthi,

Sorry to inform you that KoBoToolbox at the moment does not support the feature you are trying to test. The only workaround at the moment is that you decode your base64, save the result to a file, and then use that file with the regular form media procedure (as outlined in the support article shared earlier in post 2).

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for the responds,
I have tried as per your assistence but it is not working.

I have decode the base64 code and save the result to a file (notepad) and then tried to load the file in the below attached screenshot format by choosing the option choose file and then upload.

While Im trying to upload the file, it is not uploading and even I am not getting any error populated.
Could please assist on the same. Thanks

Regards
Keerthi

Hi @keerthi,

Try saving it as an image file (like png, jpeg etc.) and you should be able to upload the image.

Have a great day!

1 Like