Incorrect Image Media Displayed when using KoBoCollect

Hi community. We have an ongoing project in which one of the questions is a select_multiple with image media attachments for each option, excluding the OTHERS and NONE choices. However, when we tried to run it using KoBoCollect, these OTHERS and NONE options displayed images. Here are some screenshots for reference.

Hello @hm11,
Could you provide more details, please, incl. a screenshot of the Collect form screen and a related extract of the questionnaire…

2 Likes

hi @wroos , here are the screenshots for your reference

xlsform - survey question

xlsform - choice sheet

kobocollect display

Thanks! To better locate this strange issue;

• Did you change the reployed form concerning this part?
  • Is it the same problem with Enketo?
  • Which choice items do these images belong to? (Position in list)?
  • Did you check the form with the Online validator (no duplicates)?
  • Can you reproduce the problem if you clone and deploy the form (incl. upload the images)?
  • Can you reproduce the problem if you start from zero with KoBoCollect on another (empty) device (download/install and get the form)?
  • Could you provide the related extract of the XForm (xml donload)?
  • Could you try with ODK Collect?
    Kind regards
1 Like

hi @wroos , we used the same xlsform for our first two phases of the project but we only encountered this error n0w. no, it is just in KoBoCollect, it works fine with Enketo and we already checked the form with online validator. the images belong to the other choice items. have not tried it yet with ODKCollect

1 Like

Hi @hm11

Incl. the complete related choices list, please.

1 Like

hi @wroos ,

** * Can you reproduce the problem if you clone and deploy the form (incl. upload the images)?**
please note that we have used the same form for our first 2 runs / phases of the project. we only encountered this error this 3rd time

*** Can you reproduce the problem if you start from zero with KoBoCollect on another (empty) device (download/install and get the form)?**
same error for all users / other devices

*** Could you provide the related extract of the XForm (xml donload)?**
is there a way to send this in private?

thank you so much

2 Likes

Hello @Kal_Lam,
could you take over, please, esp. for the private msg.

1 Like

Thank you for all the troubleshooting @wroos! @hm11, could you provide me the following through a private message? Maybe I could have a closer look at your case.

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You should be able to send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

1 Like

i tried to send a private message based on this post however, the New Message option is not available on my screen

@hm11, you could refresh the page. Let me know if you are still not able to PM me. I shall send you one in case.

here’s a screenshot after refreshing the page. still no “New Message” option

@hm11, I don’t see any media files being attached for this project.

How, were you able to link the images? Or, is it a typo in the project name you shared with me? If it’s a different project name, feel free to update the PM with the project name so that I could debug your issue.

hi @Kal_Lam , any updates on this issue? thank you

1 Like