Information on KoBoToolbox required

Hello, we represent the strategic development agency NGO in Armenia. We want to use KoBoToolBox, but we want to understand we use your public servers or install on our own server and use our local databases? Then we install on our own local server and use our databases, that case we have all opportunities of KoBoToolbox? And then we use public servers, we have all opportunities of KoBoToolbox and we give us responsibility for the security of our own databases on your public servers? And that type of opportunities or restrictions we can have on your public servers?

Please answer our questions.

Hi @Gevorg,

Welcome to the community! If you wish to use one of the servers hosted by KoBoToolbox, feel free to understand more by viewing the support article Which Server Should I Use?.

If you wish to use KoBoToolbox on your own server feel free to understand more by viewing the support article Install KoBoToolbox on Your Own Servers.

Comparisons between the two:

• You will require some technical skills if you wish to use KoBoToolbox on your own server, as you will need to install the same in your machine by yourself while the public servers are much easier to use as installation is not required. You could simply start my opening an user account in the server you wish i.e. HHI or OCHA (as per your need).
  • The features available on the KoBoToolbox installed on your own server may not be as updated with the features that are available on those that are publicly hosted (viz. HHI and OCHA). This is because new features get updated more frequently on the latter.
  • The information collected using the KoBoToolbox installed on your own server gets stored in your machine while the same collected using the publicly hosted gets stored securely on public servers. For details, please see the support article Data Storage.

For details, you could see other support articles here.

Please let us know if you have further concerns and queries!

Have a great day!

Thanks a lot Dear Kal_Lam

1 Like