Issue with XLSForm and web-form

Hi all,

I’m having some issues with an XLSForm being deployed on Kobo Web Forms.

The form is setup as follows (I’ve included a copy-and-paste below, but can’t seem to get the formatting right):

• I have a question: Have you travelled in the past few weeks? (name: toplevelquestion)
  • I have several answers: Yes, every week (name: number1); Yes, once a week (name: number2); No (name: number3)
  • I have a follow-up question: To which countries? (name: subquestion)
  • I would like this follow-up question to appear only if a respondent selects either ‘Yes, every week (name: number1)’ OR ‘Yes, once a week (name: number2)’

I’ve added this into the ‘relevant’ column: ${toplevelquestion} = ‘number1’ or ‘number2’

I don’t get any error messages when I upload the form, but when using it in Web Forms (the only way it will be deployed), the follow-up question appears without any options being selected. How can I keep it hidden unless one of the relevant answers is selected?

Thank you!

Andrew

type name label::English (en) required read_only appearance hint::English (en) relevant
select_one number toplevelquestion Have you travelled in the past few weeks?
text subquestion To which countries? ${toplevelquestion} = ‘number1’ or ‘number2’

Welcome to the community, @AndrewXLS! Try using the following (check out the relevant column):

type name label::English (en) required read_only appearance hint::English (en) relevant
select_one number toplevelquestion Have you travelled in the past few weeks?
text subquestion To which countries? ${toplevelquestion} = ‘number1’ or ${toplevelquestion} = ‘number2’

You could learn more on skipping through our support article Adding Skip Logic. At the same time you could also find a lot of workarounds with skipping in the community here.

Or maybe you could also follow this post discussed previously:

Perfect, thank you so much!

1 Like