Issues with pulldata CSV file

Redeployed the from but csv media file is not updating. In old version deleting old file and uploading new one worked perfectly, Form redeployed was not required.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Firoz

Thanks a lot, Actually in my form i need to replace csv media file on a regular basis. In he form i used pulldata function. Now i’m replacing the csv file and redeployed the form but can’t pull latest data from csv but still the form pulling old data.

Thanks,
Firoz

sd_drr_lookup.csv (3.4 MB) sd_activity_report_201209.xls (113.5 KB)

Hi,

I’ve shared the csv file and form for your kind review. As i said earlier the form is pulling old data but not from recently updated records. When I’m previewing the from then everting works perfectly.

Requesting you kind support.

Thanks,
Firoz

@firoz9528, I made a small extract of your xlsform and CSV file to test and i was able to solve your issue:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

CSV file:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

sd_activity_report_201209.xls (37.5 KB)

Reference CSV file:

sd_drr_lookup.csv (1.8 KB)

Note: When managing a CSV file, you should not keep the column headers which has missing value. This could also be helpful for you cc: @caneeraj

1 Like

Hi @firoz9528

Is this solved for you

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @caneeraj

Sorry for late reply. Actually there was no issue with the from regarding pull data functionally. In the CSV file there was a column naming “number” and I changed the field name to “number1”. Now the form is pulling latest data perfectly.

I was having issues with my few other forms and managed to sort out. I’ve found that after recent kobo update `a few CSV file column names are not working, so far I identified

• label
  • value
  • status &
  • number
    Changing these names solved the issue. Previously there was no issue with these name as all my forms worked perfectly.

Thanks,
Firoz

1 Like

Hi @firoz9528

Thanks for updating , but none of these column names matched with my csv’s columns.

and as confirmed by @Kal_Lam issue , i had same issue which he later on mentioned.

Let us see what happened.

Thanks for posting.

Cheers !

Neeraj