Issues with skipping

And one more thing, for this project, the questionnaire is mostly based on the ${Instansi} question to filter out which questions will show for which agencies, but I am having problem since I add several new questions, the existing questions that should appear for ${Instansi} = ‘dinas_pekerjaan_umum’ don’t appear anymore (I did not change any logic for the existing questions).

@wiydiy, shifting the private conversation here so that the community could benefit from the discussion. Did you mean you are having issues with skip logics?

here, for example I previously have 50 questions, each has it’s own skip logics. They worked just fine.

And then I added 5 new questions, and now, the questions don’t appear only for 1 agencies, the other agencies (that work as a filter for the skip logic) work just fine.

I cannot pinpoint where I went wrong, please kindly help

What is the agency name that you added lastly? Maybe that would give you a clue.

I did not add new choice to the agency, I added some new questions (that based on the agency question), but it does not seem stable since sometimes the other questions show up, sometimes it don’t.

Skipping is a logic where you are able to show or hide a question based on certain criteria entered previously. Maybe having a look at this support article should help you understand skipping Adding Skip Logic.

Hi Kal,

the problem is this:

I have previous set of questions with maps like this:

page 1 -
name
agency (a, b, c, d, e)

page 2

Q1 - only for agency a
Q2 - only for agency b, c, d
Q3 - only for agency b, c, d
Q4 - only for agency b, c, d
Q5 - only for agency b, c, d
Q6 - only for agency a
(and so forth)

this worked just fine.

but then the questionnaire needs revision so it is now like this

page 1 -
name
agency (a, b, c, d, e)

page 2

Q1 - only for agency a
Q2 - only for agency b, c, d
Qextra - only for agency b, c, d
Q3 - only for agency b, c, d
Q4 - only for agency b, c, d
Q5 - only for agency b, c, d
Q6 - only for agency e

what happened now is that for specifically agency d, the existing question after the newly inserted question don’t appear.

I do not change any skip logic for the rest of the questions, but it only don’t appear for agency ‘d’.

I hope my explanation is clear enough, can you please help me sorting out what probably have gone wrong with it?

Hello @wiydiy ,
Did you check your new version with the Online Validator https://getodk.org/xlsform/?
Could you make a copy of your new version and remove the new question and then see if all is working as before?
Could you share (part of) your form here, please, to get better support from the community?
Kind regards

1 Like

@wiydiy, the best way is to check your relevant column for that particular question that is not showing? This should give you a clue on what is being filtered as a skip.

@wiydiy, I see that you have used a wrong syntax in I81:

Replace this with:

(${Instansi} = 'dinas_kesehatan' or ${Instansi} = 'dinas_pendidikan' or ${Instansi} = 'dinas_pekerjaan_umum') and (selected(${Q6c}, '2') or selected(${Q6c}, '3') or selected(${Q6c}, '4'))

And it should solve your issue.

this worked so well, am so sorry for troubling you. Thanks a lot.

I already used the link for online only (multiple submission), but I haven’t seen the ‘save draft’ button.

what do I do?

1 Like

Regarding your query on Save Draft, please revisit this post:

yes, that’s what I did, but the save draft did not show even at the end page. Or should I simply refresh the page?

@wiydiy, did you use the Online option under the Collect Data?

yes, Online only, multiple submission

@wiydiy, if it’s Online-Only kindly please be informed that you will not have this option. This option of saving Draft is only available with Offline modes.

so I need to choose 0nline-offline, multiple submission?

1 Like

Yes. You got that correct.

Thanks a lot, Kalyan!

1 Like