Kobo Collect and repeatable groups for android

I am trying to get Kobo Collect to capture multiple rows of data in a survey for work experience and education. I have tried to set up repeating groups and that works in the browser but not via Collect. Has anyone had this working in Collect?

Thanks,
Luke

Repeat groups should work in Collect. Could you perhaps post your XLSForm and we might be able to determine the problem?

I can not upload files yet however see the below link.

https://pitsystems-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/leverett_pinnacleit_com_au/EU4SSpcwzWBPtFnOkwbWxWQBvcEA7YDCGvLKr-JQwlZebQ?e=lwSz7f

Thank you for your help, it has been a real challenge to try and resolve. For reference, in the app it just excludes those questions from the view outright.

Hi,

I have recently had a similar problem. Questions dependent on a relevant answer are not appearing when the relevant answer is selected. If I save the form and come back to it, they appear. They are not appearing when the question is selected, which they should.

It works fine in the web browser, but not on the android ODK collect or kobo collect apps

If these questions are under a field-list style group, then presently questions on the same page will not appear (or disappear) according to their relevance (!). This is a known issue/bug, which you can track here: https://github.com/opendatakit/collect/issues/378

I’m hopeful a fix for this will be available shortly for ODK Collect, which I expect will be picked up by KoboCollect in a subsequent release.

FYI this has been fixed in ODK Collect 1.22, which is currently in beta. See ODK thread for details.

@tinok what’s the rev schedule for KoboCollect? IMHO this might be a really good one to pull in.

Thanks @Xiphware, we’ll are updating KoBoCollect at the moment and will include this in the next release or as soon as possible after. It’s a great feature/fix by the Collect team that will be extremely welcomed by anyone who’s experienced this issue before.

Sorry for the delay. I believe this is your form, correct?

repeat.xlsx (12.5 KB)

If so, FYI that I’ve run this under both Enketo and the latest ODK Collect, and it appears to behave OK; I’ve not run it under KoboCollect however yet.

Hi!

The form works just fine in Enkato. The questions are just ommitted all together in KoboCollect. I am hoping based on Tinoks comment and the fact that it works in ODK Collect that this will filter through shortly?

Thanks,
Luke

FYI I’ve tested your form on latest version of KoboCollect app downloaded from Android store, and it behaves OK, indeed almost indistinguishable from ODK Collect app. Here’s screenshot whilst filling 2nd employment history entry:

Perhaps trying installing latest version and confirming for yourself on your specific device?