Limit Viewing Data to Only Specific Users

Hi Amazing Kobo Community,

I am wondering if there is a way in KoboToolbox to limit view/editing data for some users and let other users see all the data-set.

For example, I have a complaint form with non-sensitive and sensitive questions, for non-sensitive questions it is OK if all users I shared project with them to view/edit all data BUT if non-sensitive questions were answered only one user can see the content of it, others see nothing.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @mealwhh,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind looking over to the support articles on Row-Level Permissions here and Managing permissions here. It should guide you on sharing your data to specific users only.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,
Thanks a lot for your response.

I already looked at the shared links but what I mean here some data in dataset not whole dataset.

Like, all sensitive and non-sensitive columns can be seen by a user but limit sensitive columns for another user so he/she can only see non-sensitive.

1 Like

Hi @mealwhh,

Sorry to inform you that KoBoToolbox does not offer this feature. However you could make a features request by providing detailed information of what you wish to see in the future here.

Have a great day!

1 Like