Line breaks in response options

Saludos.

tengo varias preguntas con opciones de respuesta muy largas, he intentado realizar salto de línea pero no me es posible hacerlo de la forma tradicional ALT+ENTER.

existe alguna forma de realizar este salto de línea para que dentro de la visualización al activar la lista desplegable no me salga la barra de desplazamiento horizontal y se pueda ver la opción de respuesta en varias líneas.

agradezco como siempre su amable colaboración

Could you kindly show us a sample of what you are seeing and what you intend to do? Maybe we could help you out if it’s possible through KoBoToolbox.

como indico, las opciones de respuesta son muy largas y quiero ponerles un salto de línea y que no aparezca la barra de desplazamiento horizontal pero la hoja de choices no lee los saltos de línea con Alt+INTRO

Gracias !!!

Could you kindly share with us a sample xlsform so that we could have also have a look at our end. Note: You could simply share with us the specific question and their long response choice.

Hi,
Can you confirm if you have your appearance set to compact? If so, kindly drop the compact appearance and this should wrap your long choices as you need.

Stephane

1 Like

Gracias Kal, Stephanealoo

adjunto el xls con una pregunta de referencia

Autoevluación .xlsx (12.7 KB)

Hi @eddieurrea
When I keep the minimal appearance on your question, I get this

However when I remove it, the text wraps as you intended.

So the solution is to remove the appearance setting minimal whenever you have long choices in your single or multiple select questions

Stephane

1 Like

Hello,
As line breaks and ’ sometimes may confuse Excel or SPSS label import I would suggest to test both (and report on it here).

1 Like