Matrix Questions Data missing partially in XLS download_

Dear Kobo Team,

I just finished a part of my field data collection using Kobotoolbox for the first time, using Kobocollect on tablets in the field. My compliments for your great work!

I only have one problem so far. I have 4 to 5 Matrix questions in my questionnaire (one column that needs to be filled in and a couple of rows). When I download the excel data set, I see that not all data collected in the matrix questions is in the excel file. Data for some rows is there, however data in some other rows is missing, And there was data filled by my surveyors in these rows.

Can you give some help/advice? Please let me know what you need from me.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Community,

Warm greetings to you all. I have 4 matrix questions in the questionnaire (one column and a couple of rows). Only the column needed to be filled in with numerical data in these matrix questions. The data has been collected in the field and now when I download the XLS file I see that in some of the matrix questions, some data is missing in some rows. In some other rows the correct data is there. I don’t really understand that. Can I somehow still find that data, as it has been collected? All other types of questions are fine, all data is there. Only with the matrix questions I have this problem.

Awaiting you feedback. Thank you.

Welcome to the community, @fashresearch! I would advise you to make a dummy matrix question (not very long). Deploy it and then make dummy submissions. Download the dummy data to understand the structure of how the data stays. Once you are familiar, you could go back to your project where you say the matrix question is missing and then look at it closely to see if they are really missing or if it’s there, but you are reading it differently.

Feel free to reach us back if you should still have issues.