Max Question Limit in Survey

Hi, I have a couple of large surveys with more than 6000 questions (Civil construction). These won’t load in Chrome or Safari, either to edit or preview. I know this is too large to be one survey and I am new to this. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Hi @joelrhine,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing your xlsform (if it’s shareable) with us so that we too see it at our end. You could share it through a private message if you wish to.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you for your response and I apologize for not responding sooner. I had to get the required approvals prior to sharing the xls form with you. Please have a look in your inbox to find the form. Thank you for your help!

Hi @joelrhine,

I went through your xlsform and yes they were extremely long (with approximately 4685 questions). It was a bit slow to load the xlsform but was successful in loading the same in my KoBoToolbox user account.

You should also be able to load the same at your end.

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Note: If and in-case you see an error message while trying to load your survey form in Enketo (for data collection) please clear the cache of your browser. I had the same issue once with your form and solved clearing the cache of my browser.

Please be informed that i was also able to load your survey form in Collect android app (both KoBoCollect as well as ODK Collect) without any issue.

Reference xlsform:
Shared in your private message!

So the conclusion is that KoBoToolbox should support a survey project with a large set of questions (approximately 4685, as tested and confirmed at my end).

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thank you!

1 Like