Media files not uploading or downloading

Hi I see there are post on this topics and work arounds, but these are not working for me.

I have a from which uses several .jpg, .png and .csv files. When I try up load them into Kobotoolbox it gives an error in the bottom right corner, ‘Media file could not be uploaded’ the same type of message as when you deploy a form.

After this the files still appear as a list on the web interface anyway.

When I try download the form in ODK Collect some of the media files download, but at least half do not.

I am not sure if it is something to do with the servers kc vs kf?

When I login to my account online it is kf.kobotoolbox but the url I use on the tablet is kc.kobotoolbox. If i use kf.kobotoolbox on the tablet it does not connect to the server to download. if i use kc on the tablet with the login details it connects?

I am very confused about this, any help and advice appreciated.

Thanks

Hi @Rusti
You seem to have multiple issues within this thread. I will try and segment the issues to allow you to address each one of them.

• How many files are we talking about and what exacly are the sizes of the media files?
  • What exactly are the types of files that load and which type do not load?
  • Could you please share a screenshot of the issue you are seeing here?
  • I recommend you look at our article which explains exactly how you should connect. This explanation should actually eliminate the confusion.

Regards,
Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response (in the field), and complex mixed questions.

It turned out I had one .gif file hiding in my media which was causing the issue, if the file uploaded before other jpg s it would stop them loading/working. Since removing the .gif it has worked fine.

Thanks for the link on how to setup the connection, its been useful.

Regards,
Russell

1 Like

@Rusti, thank you for sharing the solution with the entire community! :clap: :heart: :partying_face: